When adopting an grownup canine, it’s important to know as quite a bit about their earlier as potential. Not solely can this assist you greater understand your new pup going forward, nonetheless it would most likely assist you create the proper dwelling potential for them.
We urge you to ask as many questions as potential with reference to greater understanding their earlier. It will embody asking about their mom and father, why they’re rehoming them, asking about any earlier conditions you must take heed to, and further.
For those who’re adopting from a shelter, there are only a few questions that we encourage you to ask:
- Had been they launched into the shelter by a earlier proprietor? In that case, why have been they surrendered?
- Had been they a stray? In that case, the place and the best way have been they found?
- Did they arrive on the shelter with any accidents or medical conditions?
- How prolonged have they been on the shelter?
- How has their temperament been on the shelter? Are they anxious? Nice? Shy? Aggressive?
- Have they been spherical completely different animals? In that case, how did they do in that situation?
Whereas these questions are shelter explicit, they’re usually tailored to go well with any situation. For those who’re adopting an grownup canine from an proprietor which will no longer care for them, you probably can on a regular basis ask a set of these questions as properly. The additional you perceive regarding the canine’s earlier, the upper chance you need to have at a contented future collectively.